National Taiwan Ocean University Institutional Repository:Item 987654321/40933
English  |  正體中文  |  简体中文  |  全文笔数/总笔数 : 28595/40626
造访人次 : 4206349      在线人数 : 49
RC Version 4.0 © Powered By DSPACE, MIT. Enhanced by NTU Library IR team.
搜寻范围 进阶搜寻


题名: Depth distributions of alkalinity, TCO2, and δ13CTCO2 at SEATS Time-series site in the northern South China Sea
作者: W.C. Chou;D.D. Sheu;B.S. Lee;C.M. Tseng;C.T.A. Chen;S.L. Wang;G.T.F. Wong
贡献者: 國立臺灣海洋大學:海洋環境化學與生態研究所
日期: 2007-07-10
上传时间: 2017-02-07T06:43:49Z
出版者: Deep-Sea Research II
摘要: Abstract
In this study, measurements of titration alkalinity (TA), total dissolved carbon dioxide (TCO2), and δ13C of TCO2 (δ13CTCO2) throughout the water column at the SouthEast Asian time-series study (SEATS) site were investigated in order to understand better the fundamental processes controlling their vertical distributions in the South China Sea (SCS). The linear correlations between TA and salinity in the shallow waters, as identified by the mixing line between the surface water and salinity maximum water suggested the predominant control of physical mixing on the variability of TA. In contrast, TCO2 and δ13CTCO2 showed the non-conservative behavior in the respective TCO2 and δ13CTCO2 vs. salinity plot due to the effect of biological production. A stoichiometric model further showed that the depth profile of NTA ( = TA x salinity/35) largely reflects the increase of preformed NTA in the shallow waters, whereas carbonate dissolution was responsible for the continuous increase of NTA in the deep waters. A one-dimensional diffusion-advection model further revealed that the carbonate dissolution could account for 28% of NTCO2 ( = TCO2 x salinity/35) increase in deep waters, and the remaining 72% of NTCO2 was from organic decomposition. Calculation of excess TA further showed that it emerged well above the aragonite and calcite saturation depths at 600 and 2500m, respectively, indicating that some biologically, chemically, and physically-mediated processes must be involved to provide excess TA into the shallow waters. The decrease in δ13CTCO2 with depth primarily resulted from organic decomposition. The influence of anthropogenic CO2 throughout the water column was assessed with the carbon chemistry and the isotope-based approach in this study. Both methods obtained nearly the same results in which the signal of anthropogenic CO2 decreased exponentially with depth, and its penetration depth were found to be at ∼1000m. The inventory of anthropogenic CO2 in the water column was estimated to be ∼16.6mol Cm-2, which was less than that reported in the penetration had led to decreases of the saturation levels of aragonite and calcite by 17% and 14%, respectively, in the surface water, and an upward migration of aragonite saturation depth by ∼100 m since industrial revolution.
關聯: 54, pp.1469-1485
显示于类别:[海洋環境與生態研究所] 期刊論文


档案 描述 大小格式浏览次数 PDF29检视/开启



著作權政策宣告: 本網站之內容為國立臺灣海洋大學所收錄之機構典藏,無償提供學術研究與公眾教育等公益性使用,請合理使用本網站之內容,以尊重著作權人之權益。
網站維護: 海大圖資處 圖書系統組
DSpace Software Copyright © 2002-2004  MIT &  Hewlett-Packard  /   Enhanced by   NTU Library IR team Copyright ©   - 回馈