Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title: ||Influence of environmental and organizational factors on the success of Internet-based interorganizational systems planning|
|Authors: ||Gwo-Guang Lee;Hsiu-Fen Lin;Jung-Chi Pai|
|Keywords: ||Internet;Information systems;Organizational performance;Business planning|
|Issue Date: ||2017-01-05T06:33:10Z
|Publisher: ||Internet Research|
– To examine the influence of environmental factors (environmental uncertainty and trading partners' influence) and organizational factors (CEO/CIO relationship and internet‐based IOS maturity) on the internet‐based interorganizational systems (IIOS) planning success and whether more leads to superior organizational performance.
– Data gathered from 202 IS executives in large Taiwanese organizations were employed to test the relationships between the research model constructs. Moreover, the structural equation modeling technique was used to evaluate the research model.
– One of the environmental factors (trading partners' influence) and two organizational factors significantly influence the IIOS planning success. The results also indicate that the success of IIOS planning enables the firm to achieve organizational‐level outcomes.
– Future studies could seek an enhanced understanding of the effects on IIOS planning of the environmental and organizational factors investigated in this study through structured interviews and case studies of IS executives dealing with ongoing or recently completed IIOS planning projects.
– IIOS planning is an organizational and inter‐organizational process. Top management and IS executives considering IIOS involves not only technical innovations, but also considerable environmental and organizational changes.
– This paper contributes to IIOS planning research by clarifying the effects of both environmental and organizational factors on the success of IIOS planning, and provides a valuable reference for e‐business managers and IIOS planners, as well as researchers interested in IIOS planning and management.
|Relation: ||15(5), pp.527-543|
|Appears in Collections:||[航運管理學系] 期刊論文|
Files in This Item:
All items in NTOUR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.